Friday 8 April 2011

My Double Page Spread for my Music Magazine

Evaluation for my Double Page Spread

Above is my music magazine double page spread.
I wanted to included a boy band within my magazine as my target audience is females, young adults and teens, and I thought that an interview with a famous boy band might improve the magazine.
When I did my research I found that a lot of music magazines only use one of the two double pages for the writing and the ther page for a picture. In order to make my double page spread look more professional I decided to do this aswell. My first page captures the fun essense of the band in one image. The photo is very staged but is meant to look natural, which I think it does. I didn't just want one picture of my band on my double page spread so I included two smaller ones to break up the text on the interview page. I did this so more people are likely to read the text as it's no longer one big chunk of writing.
My colour scheme for this page was grey and green. I took these colours from the main image, so both pages were linking with one another. For the font on the forst page I have made it seem as if it was carved into the page. I did this because the band are called We Fight Dinosaurs, so I wanted to create a very prehistoric effect, which i think i have done nicely.
I have made this interview and exclusive interview to Musica magazine. I did this because I think it would improve the magazine and make people more inclind to buy it because you wouldn't be able to find this interview anywhere else.
Overall I am really pleased with how my double page spread turned out. To improve it further I think I would have made the pages more wacky and unorgainsed to reflect the character of the band, so the page looks more like something from a personal diary rather than a edited magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment